Actualizing Your UIP
How do I use Continuous Improvement to support my Unified Improvement Plan (UIP)?
Co-facilitated with CDE, with a special co-presenter from School District 27J, this workshop is the first in a series for cohort participants that will provide an overview of the Unified Improvement Plan (UIP) and provide training related to development and implementation.LEARN MORE AND EXPRESS INTEREST
Express your interest: the first deadline for the interest form is noon on Friday, November 17!
- Improve coherence between required UIP and Cradle to Career Outcomes
- Understand the multiple purposes of the UIP and how to maximize those that are a priority
- Identify how to adopt and leverage best practices of Continuous Improvement
- Gain clarity on the relationship between Major Improvement Strategies, Implementation Benchmarks, and the behaviors we want to see and hear
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
School Teams (ideally 5-8 participants) in Adams County comprised of the following:
- Staff members responsible for planning and/or implementing your school’s UIP
- Individuals that represent different perspectives within a school community (grade levels, programmatic or learning needs, para’s, parents, etc.)
- District staff that utilize continuous improvement/UIP’s practice in the work of interacting with or supervising school administrators
ARE THERE ANY PREREQUISITES?
We ask that as many members from your team as possible complete the Introduction to Continuous Improvement CI 101 workshop offered through ACYI. We have a lot of flexibility in how this is offered. We can even schedule a time for your team to participate via a one hour webinar. If your Request to Participate is approved, we will work with you to schedule this prior to the UIP Workshop.
WHAT SHOULD MY TEAM BRING TO THE WORKSHOP?
Access to your most current UIP (Paper or Online)
WHAT POST-WORKSHOP SUPPORT WILL BE OFFERED?
Each participating school will receive a $5,000 ACYI LIFT (Local Impact Fund & Technical Assistance). The LIFT Fund provides just that – a lift – to support costs associated with one or more of the activities related to practicing Continuous Improvement.
Recipients of the LIFT Fund will be encouraged to use the funds to support Continuous Improvement efforts related to your UIP.
- Leadership & Building Meetings (meeting expenses including supplies, food, substitute time, etc.)
- Teacher Engagement (release time)
- Students and Parent Engagement
- Data Infrastructure/Support
- An option to have a review and feedback provision by CDE staff or either complete or draft UIP
Participating schools will also have the opportunity to participate in additional workshops/sessions to further their UIP work and receive coaching and technical assistance.
Erin Loften, Professional Development Coordinator – Improvement Planning, Colorado Department of Education
Erin works in the Improvement Planning office at CDE. She supports districts, schools and various educational stakeholders in continuous improvement processes and meeting accountability expectations through planning. She has worked in schools, non-profits and higher education and has a master’s degree in Ed Psych-Research and Evaluation. Her professional passion is finding ways to connect work that is valuable to stakeholders and making planning work meaningful.
Rich Patterson, Director of Student Achievement & Professional Learning, School District 27J
For over 30 years, Dr. Richard Patterson remains committed to teaching, learning, and educational leadership and is passionate about developing people, systems, teams, and organizations. Dr. Patterson spent 20 years in the Aurora Public Schools where he served in the roles of science and math teacher, technology manager, assistant principal, middle school principal, Director of Student Achievement, and Director of P-20 Campus Development. His dissertation detailed the conception and significance of specific innovations within the creation of the P-20 Educational Campus. Most recently, he joined SD 27J as a middle school principal and currently serves as Director of Student Achievement and Professional Learning.
If you are interested in applying to participate on behalf of your school, please proceed with completing an Interest Form.