SUMMARY: The Adams County Youth Initiative (ACYI), a local nonprofit that works to MOBILIZE and support a Partnership of stakeholders, who have agreed to work together to benefit children and youth throughout the community from Cradle through Career, is hiring a Part-Time Grants Manager. This is a new position and will play an integral role in the development of the next phase of the ACYI Cradle to Career Partnership. This position will support The Partnership in securing funding to advance the organization’s mission. ACYI is an equal opportunity employer.
STATUS: Part-Time, 20 Hours
Reports to: The Partnership Director and provides support to the Backbone Team, including the Executive Director
Work Location: ACYI’s Home Office – 1500 East 128th Ave., Thornton, CO, with some travel throughout the Adams County community, the Denver Metro area and occasionally to trainings within the US.
Under the direction of the Partnership Director, the Grants Manager will be responsible for meeting or exceeding budgeted annual revenue from foundations and other funding streams through grant writing. In addition, the position will assist with writing corporate proposals and revenue generating appeals.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Supports and executes strategic action outlined in the Grants Action Plan.
- Acquires and maintains sound knowledge of the organization to generate revenue through the timely submission of well-researched, well-written and well-documented grants, fundraising proposals, etc.
- Researches, explores, and cultivates new funding opportunities from government agencies and private, corporate, faith-based, and family foundations.
- Maintains a grant calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports.
- Accurately tracks all proposal and grant activity, and prepares monthly reports for the ACYI Executive Team.
- Complies with all grant reporting and evaluations as required by foundation and corporate donors.
- Ensures prompt acknowledgement of foundation gifts.
- Maintains accurate database records of corporate and private foundation donor files.
- Works closely with the Partnership Director to ensure fund accounting standards and grant restrictions are tracked and met.
- Writes revenue-generating appeals.
- Helps steward relationships with grantors, donors, etc.
- Assisting in other ACYI events and activities including fund development.
- Support the team in fund development goals, grant applications, and reporting.
- Willing and able to represent ACYI at community functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree plus minimum 2 years of successful development experience.
- Proven success in fundraising activities and grant writing.
- Outstanding written communication skills with the ability to write for different audiences and for various purposes; technical, creative, and persuasive writing skills a must.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, but also good judgement in seeking guidance and direction, and strong interest and ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to multi-task and balance multiple projects at once while meeting deadlines.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Proficient in data management, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), and donor databases.
- Creative, yet meticulous and detail-oriented; adhering to timelines.
- Passion for and demonstrated commitment to working with racially diverse communities.
Knowledge and demonstrated success in: education; supporting community relationships; project management and organizational skills; experience in continuous improvement.
Send cover letter, resume and salary requirement to Amy at Admin@acyi.org. This position is open until filled.