Post-Secondary Success – Work in ActionCAN HomeDataCAN Members
CAN Progress to Date
To date, the Post-Secondary Success Collaborative Action Network has:
- reviewed current data around Post-Secondary enrollment and completion in Adams County
- informed the target set by the Community Leaders Council
- OUR TARGET: The ACYI Partnership will work to support Adams County Youth in meeting or exceeding the state in enrollment and completion rates by 2025.
- mapped current efforts to address post-secondary enrollment and completion within the partnership
- reviewed the Colorado Rises Master Plan for post-secondary enrollment and completion and brainstormed areas for alignment
- set a goal for 2018
- By 2018, 100 more students within the partnership will enroll in post-secondary programs
- began to explore additional factors to focus CAN efforts in addition to support systems that meet student needs
Adams County Works
Key Strategies: Adams County Works
Monitored Indicator: Summer Melt
To reduce summer melt, this partnership between Metro State and Adams County Workforce provides on-campus jobs to youth the summer leading up to their first year of college to improve the likelihood they will show up to their first day of classes in the fall. In addition, youth attend workshops and receive advising, and academic and personal support to make sure that barriers to them showing up for classes are addressed.
Horizon High School
Key Strategies: Check-Ins with Students, Relationship Building Activities
The team at Horizon is working on decreasing the number of students who are dropped from the SOAR program for ineligibility. The team realized that the students who needed the college prep program the most were the ones not meeting the program’s requirements and were eventually dropped from the program. They posit that increasing the connectivity of the SOAR cohorts and doing regular check-ins with the students at risk of being dropped from the program will keep these students in the program, which has been proven successful at preparing students to enroll in post-secondary programs.
Mapleton Education Foundation
Key Strategies: Intrusive Advising
Mapleton scholarship advisors use intrusive advising tactics to support their scholarship students in enrolling in post-secondary opportunities and completing all of the steps to prepare them for their first day.