Middle Grade Math CAN Work In Action
CAN Progress to Date
To date, the Middle Grade Math Collaborative Action Network has:
- looked at data and determining where there are bright spots and areas of opportunity to focus the larger CAN efforts on
- informed the target set by the Community Leaders Council
- OUR TARGET: By 2025, the percentage of students in Adams County (5 districts) who are at grade level, in middle grade math, will meet or exceed the state rate.
- mapped current state areas of opportunity
- identified the problem the CAN is trying to solve through it’s work
- looked at data to identify equity gaps
- set a SMART goal for the 2018-2019 academic year
- Increase percentage of eighth grade students in the ACYI partnership who meet state expectations in eighth grade math from 27% to 29% by Spring 2019. This equates to approximately 130 more students.
- determined three factor categories to focus CAN efforts first: quality instructional strategies and methods, self-directed learning/student ownership, positive school context/climate.