Collective Impact Drives Real Change
ACYI is Guided by the Four Principles for Successful Collective Impact
1. Shared Community Vision.
All participants have a shared vision for change, as well as a common understanding of the problem and how we will work collectively to solve it.
2. Evidence-Based Decision Making.
Partnerships make decisions based on local data that show areas of need and promising practices that are already working for kids.
3. Collaborative Action.
Community partners come together to collectively move outcomes using continuous improvement practices.
4. Investment and Sustainability.
Partnerships initiate or redirect resources (time, talent, and treasure) toward data-based practices on an ongoing basis, and engage the community to ensure long-term sustainability.
From Proving to Improving: Fundamentals of Continuous Improvement
ACYI supports the partnership in tackling tough community problems using a continuous improvement framework. Put simply, this means we support flexible and responsive ways to try new strategies, and measure them against the cradle to career indicators that define success for students.
Aligning Efforts and Investing in What Works
ACYI provides the infrastructure, coaching, and analytical expertise that is beyond many partners organizations’ resources.
ACYI’s support empowers partners to remain focused on what works for student outcomes by:
- Focusing on local data, helping to highlight the impact of small tests of change
- Creating short-and long-term goals, framing and prioritizing strategies within a defined scope.
- Using real-time data monitoring, abbreviating the time required to fine-tune efforts
- Shifting focus from programs to processes, and taking action based on results; optimizing partners’ success