Action Teams are the “guts” of the Adams County Youth Initiative. Using the cradle to career outcomes to guide their work, Action Teams focus on a specific indicator as a collective force, applying their efforts in a collaborative and constructive way.
Data and Process: Cornerstones of Action Teams
Using data to identify problems and gaps and set baselines, partners then define the scope of a problem and the team’s operating principles. Next, we train key stakeholders in the Continuous Improvement Model (“Plan. Do. Study. Act.”), which provides structure to the work. Partners develop a custom data dashboard including process and outcome indicators, to ensure alignment with shared strategies and goals.
Ensuring Measurable Outcomes: The Discipline of Action Teams
We know we can’t work on everything all at once, so Action Teams only work on experiments for one indicator at a time, measuring effectiveness in real time. The process allows partners to see WHY outcomes are changing. Opportunities and barriers are clearly illuminated and shared, so partners can act to advance progress toward positive outcomes in short cycles of time.
Reporting: Action Teams Share Results
Results are shared so that the successful strategies and interventions the teams develop can be shared and scaled across the partnership.
Continuous Improvement Model:
For New Efforts
ACYI invites partners to complete the Readiness Assessment to request support from ACYI and/or to contact staff. Download: ACYI Request for Support Readiness Assessment.
Eligibility and Support from ACYI will be based on the following key elements:
- Working to improve outcomes for students in Adams 12, 14, Westminster Public Schools, Mapleton, School District 27J and / or serving clients in the 17th Judicial District
- Working to address at least one of the following specific student outcomes:
- Kindergarten readiness
- 3rd grade reading proficiency
- 8th grade math proficiency
- High school graduation
- Postsecondary enrollment
- Postsecondary completion
- Agree to share relevant program data to engage in the continuous improvement process
Potential Support from ACYI:
- Continuous Improvement Coaching: Requests for facilitation must include the number of hours per month of facilitation being requested, as well as the anticipated outcomes of the facilitating and coaching.
- Data Support: Support can be provided to collect and analyze data for the purpose of collaborative continuous improvement. Support may also include capacity building training around specific data.
- Access to non-monetary resources: Support in identifying facilities for meetings and connecting to key partners.
- Development: Support can be provided for grant identification and in some cases grant writing to garner additional funds to support the work of the action plan as long as it is clear how existing resources will be leveraged as a match for any new funds.