Youth Initiative of Adams County Community Leaders Council
Community Council members are an essential link to broader community and ACYI partner organizations and is made up of chief executives from each of ACYI’s partner organizations.
Key Community Council Member Responsibilities:
The ACYI Community Council holds the responsibility for helping actively advance ACYI’s mission within Adams County and within their own organizations. Individual Community Council members are responsible for being knowledgeable about and involved in the organization’s activities to help ensure that this responsibility is being met.
Other specific responsibilities include:
- Personally value and support the mission of ACYI and the services and programs that carry out the mission.
- Actively promote ACYI programs and services among the community, ACYI constituencies, and within your own organization.
- Actively make programmatic, political, and funding connections on behalf of ACYI.
- Be willing to help advance ACYI’s goals around reducing program duplication, increasing alignment, and collectively addressing goals to advance youth success in Adams County.
- Provide advice and insight to ACYI on a formal and informal basis to help advance ACYI’s mission.
- Personally attend at least two of the three ACYI update meetings each year.
- Actively encourage partner organization staff to participate on ACYI action teams.
- Stay informed about Community Leader Council matters, be well prepared for meetings, review and comment on minutes and reports.
- Get to know other Community Leader Council members and build a collegial working relationship that contributes to effectiveness.
- Attend as many ACYI events as your schedule and interests allow.
- Make a personally annual financial gift to the organization if able.
Community Leaders’ Council Members by Sector:
Louis C. Salazar, Stakeholder Relations Director, ConocoPhillips
Matthew La Crue, L&B Strategies, LLC
Marsha Seitz, Thornton Area Manager VP, Bank of the West
Randy Roberts, President, Triple Peak Ventures
Kami Welch, Arvada Chamber of Commerce
Matt Gray, Colorado State Representative
Beth Martinez Humenik, Colorado State Senator
Dafna Michaelson Jenet, Colorado State Representative
Community Members at-Large:
Don Cassata, Community Member (former Director of Adams County Human Services)
Don Quick, Community Member, Judge, 17th Judicial District
Lisa Jansen Thompson, Director of the Early Childhood Partnership of Adams County
Will Pierce, Director of Student Achievement, School District 27J
Chris Gdowski, Superintendent of Adams Twelve Five Star Schools, Past Chair
Ron Gallardo, Education Consultant, Adams 12 Five Star Schools
Dr. Javier Abrego, Superintendent, Adams County School District 14
Aracelia Burgos, Chief Academic Officer, Adams County School District 14
Dale Mingilton, Executive Director, Adams County District 14 Education Foundation
Mike Crawford, Deputy Superintendent of Mapleton Public Schools
Dr. James Duffy, Chief Operating Officer, Westminster Public Schools
Ken Ciancio, School Board Treasurer, Westminster Public Schools
Ryan McCoy, School Board Secretary, Westminster Public Schools
Jane Goff, Colorado State Board of Education
Kim Skattum, Lead Pastor, Crossroads Church
Government / City / Law Enforcement:
Chaz Tedesco, Adams County Commissioner, Adams County Government
Ray Gonzales, Adams County Manager, Adams County Government
Jan James, Director of Children and Family Services, Adams County Human Services
Dave Young, District Attorney, 17th Judicial District
Tawnya Russell, Youth Services Manager, City of Brighton
Gary Creager, Chief of Police, City and County of Broomfield
Michelle Halstead , Director of Communications & Government Affairs, City of Commerce City
Karl Wilmes, Chief of Police, City of Federal Heights
Jim May, Chief of Police, City of Northglenn
Kyle Mullica, City Council, City of Northglenn
Randy Nelson, Chief of Police, City of Thornton
Emma Pinter, City Council, City of Westminster
Mike McIntosh, Sheriff, Adams County Sheriff’s Department
Simone Jones, Courts, 17th Judicial District
Jenifer Morgen, Deputy Chief Probation Officer, 17th Judicial District – Probation
Paul Targoff, Coordinator, 17th Judicial District – Senate Bill 94
Health & Mental Health:
John Douglas, Executive Director, Tri-County Health Department
Rick Doucet, Chief Executive Officer, Community Reach Center
Pam Sandlian Smith, Director, Anythink Library
Janet Lopez, Senior Program Officer – Education, Rose Community Foundation
Kristin Todd, Senior Vice President, Grants Program, The Daniel’s Fund
Andrea Nelson, Program Officer, The Daniel’s Fund
Francisca Angulo-Olaiz, Project Director, Mile High United Way
Carla Godec, Program Officer, Anschutz Foundation
Tiffany Anderson, Director, Boettcher Foundation
Post-Secondary / Workforce:
Chuck Gross, Executive Director, Adams County Education Consortium
Cathy Pellish, Westminster Campus VP, Front Range Community College