If you live in Adams County and you want to make a difference in your community, school and for young people, this is the perfect opportunity to let your voice be heard. Create the change you want to see.
We are looking for individuals of all ages to participate in brief conversations with our TEGAs about issues related to Adams County.
Young people who complete interviews with our TEGAs will receive a VISA gift card as a thank you for their time. And, young people who who refer a friend who ends up participating in an interview too will be entered into a drawing to receive a $100 VISA gift card.
To learn more about TEGA, CLICK HERE.
Round 7: June and July 2018, Young People Ages 15-19: Cell Phone Access and Usage
This research is part of a global study being conducted in 7 countries to understand how young people use cell phones and how it impacts their lives. If you are a girl or boy age 15-19, we want to hear from you! You do NOT have to live in Adams County to participate in this research. If you are under the age of 18 you will need a parent or guardian to sign a consent form in order to participate.
Interviews will take place at several public locations throughout June and July 2018. To express interest, please sign up at this link and we will reach out to you with upcoming dates! This page will be updated as new dates and locations are added!Participate in Round 7
Round 8: July 2018, High School Graduates and Their Parents: Post Secondary Success
If you or your child graduated high school in Adams County in 2018 and have been accepted to either a 2 or 4 year college program, or another form of post secondary education, we want to hear from you! We will be speaking to graduates AND their parents! Questions will focus on the experience of graduates and parents during the transition between high school and post secondary education.
Interviews will take place at several public locations throughout July 2018. To express interest, please sign up at this link and we will reach out to you with upcoming dates! This page will be updated as dates and locations are added!Participate in Round 8
Round 9: August 2018, Juvenile Justice
If you live in Adams County and would like to share your knowledge, attitudes and beliefs regarding how kids enter and exit the judicial system, and whether those systems are effective and supportive, let us know!
Interviews will take place at several public locations throughout August 2018. To express interest, please sign up at this link and we will reach out to you with upcoming dates! This page will be updated as dates and locations are added!Participate in Round 9
Additional Rounds: future rounds will be announced soon; ALL AGES
If you are interested in sharing your voice and perspective for upcoming research, click on the button below and one of our TEGA Team members will reach out to you when you qualify to see if you are interested!Participate in Upcoming Research
WHY SHOULD I PARTICIPATE?
- As a young person, you are in the group most impacted by decisions made by individuals who are working to ensure your safety, well-being and academic success. So it makes sense that we take time to hear from you about what matters most to you, what your thoughts are, and what needs to happen to support young people like you.
- ACYI is an organization working with educators and other community leaders to help young people living in Adams county be successful. By participating in a TEGA Interview, you will be helping inform our work so that we can understand more about what its like to be a young person and what we should be doing to help you be successful, healthy and happy.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE?
ANYONE who lives or goes to school in Adams County and who wants to help make a difference.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT?
- You will be interviewed ‘conversation’ style by one of our Technology Enabled Girl Ambassadors (TEGAs).
- Our TEGAs use apps on mobile phones to help capture your input.
- You will have the opportunity to be filmed and recorded so that we can capture this information directly from you.
- Interviews/Conversations are about 30 minutes long.
- At the end of your interview, you will have the opportunity to delete your responses if you decide you don’t wish for us to use them. This option is built in to give you full control over what you share with us.
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE?
Contact Jody Nowicki, TEGA Manager: Call or Text: 303-656-5178 | Email: Tega@ACYI.org