By 2020, approximately 74% of Colorado jobs will require some level of post-secondary education.*
*Center on Education and the Workforce at Georgetown University
Did you know?
The Cost of Dropouts
Together We Succeed.
Through community leaders and vital resources (also known as a collective impact approach), we strive to ensure that every young child and young adult in Adams County:
- is healthy and starts school ready to learn
- succeeds in school and community
- is college-and-career-ready
ACYI recognizes that no one agency or organization can improve child and youth outcomes. That’s why collective action is needed to magnify the impact of all community resources helping children and families in Adams County.
Our Approach-Core Business
We get results using the nationally recognized, best practice STRIVE TOGETHER model which embraces:
- Common Vision and Goals
- Data Driven Decision Making
- Collaborative Action and Targeted Interventions
- Maximizing Resources and Sustain What Works
ACYI Theory Of Action:
- Key Leaders share common vision
- Baseline data on key outcomes is shared
- Data-driven management is core
- Action teams adopt continuous improvement
- Resources for core operations are in place
- Funding is aligned to evidence-based practices
- Effective practices are scaled
- Resource and policy change occurs in support of improved outcomes
- Youth outcomes trend in the target direction
The Work Ahead
Last year was a year of refinement and this is the year of full collective impact implementation.
- ACYI is working to align efforts with the State Master Plan for Advancing Education and Talent Development.
- ACYI adopted guiding and operating principles to ensure our focus and hard conversations around equity are beginning to take place, and using lessons learned will help drive our work and approach.
- ACYI has formalized a partnership with City/County of Broomfield for the over 3,500 students attending an Adams County 12 school.
ACYI remains committed and confident in the huge vision: ALL kids cradle to career!
“ACYI has provided the development and continuation of collaborative relationships with other youth-serving organizations which has been invaluable, as has the annual survey data which helps guide our prevention and intervention efforts for youth and families.”Kevin West, Director of Intervention Services, District 27J
“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”Nelson Mandela
Can we make a difference?
The simple answer is YES! We see progress every day. Which is why we’ll continue to magnify that progress and extend its reach to even more kids throughout Adam’s County.
Learn more about the elements that shape our approach:
See how ACYI plans, manages, and supports the shared vision for Cradle to Career success.
We’ve identified 6 milestones along a young person’s path from cradle to career. Learn more about our “recipe for success.”
See how the data helps us track achievement and adjust interventions to shape success for children and youth in our community.